100% natural unrefined & organic Shea Butter is an off- white or ivory-colored fat extracted from the nut of the African tree. Shea butter is edible and is used in food preparation in Africa. Our Shea Butter is produced by a women’s fair trade project in Ghana. The Organic Shea Butter that Therapeutic Healing gets from Ghana, go through an initial filtering process with a fine cloth to remove any impurities, an then goes through a final cleansing process in Holland.
LEAH Whipped Shea Butter has moisturising properties & anti-aging properties, full of nutrients and has exceptional healing properties for the skin. Shea butter is also packed with antioxidants like vitamin E, as well as polyphenols (anti-oxidants) and phytonutrients (protect from disease). It is high in vitamin A and oleic acid which help to maintain youthful, supple skin. Vitamin A is responsible for improving dry skin, scars, blemishes, stretch marks and wrinkles. Oleic acid is a monounsaturated fatty acid found naturally in many plant sources. Oleic acid’s high lipid count makes it highly compatible with the sebum naturally produced by our skin. It is able to penetrate past the outer skin layer, to deeper layers, which leads to a more intense moisture and helping with the absorption of other active ingredients. While some standard creams may simply sit on the top of the skin, those made with omega-9 fatty acids typically go much deeper, producing more profound results.
Shea butter is sometimes used as a base for ointments as it has medicinal wound healing properties which are anti-inflammatory, emollient, and humectants. It contains 5-10% phytosterol, which stimulates cell growth and repair. It can also be massaged into and around the joints where pain is experienced. It is an aid for muscle pain, swelling and arthritis.
Shea butter was a valuable commodity during the reign of Cleopatra, and it is still widely used because it is very nourishing, as well as being gentle and easily absorbed.
In summary, the powerful moisturising properties of Shea Butter is a gentle and effective and may be used to treat a number of skin conditions. Good for protecting and healing the skin, especially dry and damaged skin. It can also be used as a conditioner to moisturise the hair and protect from dryness and it even has some natural protection from the sun’s UV rays. It can be used effectively on facial skin and won’t clog pores.
Shea Butter Uses/Treatments:
- protects dry chapped lips
- treats eczema and burns
- aids skin blemishes, stretch marks and dry irritated skin
- helps restore skin elasticity
- natural sunscreen
- Vitamins A & E for skin balance & normalisation
- provides collagen for anti-aging benefits
- pain reliever for inflammation and arthritis
- massage aid for muscles and stiffness
- deep nourishing hair conditioner
- nappy rash treatment
Latest posts by Johann Callaghan (see all)
- Top 3 Tips to Beat Sleep Deprivation - August 7, 2017
- What Causes My Stuffy Nose? - April 24, 2017
- Essential Oils for Hayfever and Allergies - March 13, 2017
- Mary Anderson Interviews Johann Callaghan about the Benefits of Essential Oils - January 16, 2017
- Johann Callaghan on the Dublin Business Show - December 13, 2016