Indian Head Massage
Share this Page:
Indian Head Massage is based on an ancient Ayurvedic healing system practiced in India for over 1,000 years. Indian Head Massage is a technique that treats the scalp, face, neck, shoulders and upper arms. Indian Head Massage works on areas affected by mental and emotional stress. It is based on acupressure massage, and its benefits are felt throughout the body. It works on the areas of the body that are most affected by stress, however while the treatment is just on the upper part of the body its effects are felt throughout the mind and body.
There are many benefits e.g. higher levels of alertness and concentration and relief from tension headaches and eyestrain.
However, Indian Head Massage is not just physical; it works on an emotional level also, calming the spirit, promoting relaxation and relieving stress.
What to Expect
You will be comfortably seated in chair, fully clothed, in a relaxing atmosphere. Your Indian Head Massage practitioner will massage your scalp, neck, face, shoulders, upper back and upper arms. No oils are used in this relaxing massage unless you wish to receive an oil treatment which would be done once the massage is complete.
Effects & Benefits of Massage
- Relaxes the muscle and nerve fibres of the head, neck, shoulders and arms
- Reduces spasm, restrictions and adhesions in the muscle fibres
- Relaxes and soothes tense eye muscles
- Helps increase joint mobility and flexibility in shoulders, head, neck and arms
- Improves circulation and nutrition to the skin and the hair
- Encourages desquamation and improves skin tone and colour
- Increases blood flow to the head, neck, shoulders and arms
- Increases lymphatic flow to the head, neck, shoulders and arms (aids the elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products)
- Stimulates parasympathetic nervous system (helps promote relaxation and sleep, reduction of stress and anxiety)
- Stimulates the release of endorphins from the brain (elevates the mood, helps relieve pain)
- Increases the supply of oxygen to the brain (helps relieve mental fatigue, improves concentration, promotes clearer thinking)
- Encourages the release of stagnant energy and restores its flow to the body (creates a feeling of balance and calm)
[big-ico-button class=”heart” text=”Gift to a Friend” href=”http://therapeutic-healing.ie/?product=gift-vouchers” color=”red” /]
1 Hour Treatment €50
1/2 Hour Treatment €25
Latest posts by Johann Callaghan (see all)
- Top 3 Tips to Beat Sleep Deprivation - August 7, 2017
- What Causes My Stuffy Nose? - April 24, 2017
- Essential Oils for Hayfever and Allergies - March 13, 2017
- Mary Anderson Interviews Johann Callaghan about the Benefits of Essential Oils - January 16, 2017
- Johann Callaghan on the Dublin Business Show - December 13, 2016