Share the Page:
Massage is one of the oldest, simplest forms of therapy and is a system of stroking, pressing and kneading different areas of the body to relieve pain, relax, stimulate, and tone the body. Massage directly affects circulation and how the body removes waste through the lymphatic system.
Massage contributes to a sense of well-being, in part because it encourages the body to release “feel-good” hormones like serotonin and oxytocin.
By recognising that illness and stress affects not only our physical but also our emotional, spiritual & mental well-being, we can allow Holistic massage to encourage the body’s natural healing abilities to balance the entire body as a whole.
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage is a type of massage therapy that focuses on deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. It is especially helpful for chronic aches and pains. Using firm thumb pressure and slow deep movements it helps improve flexibility and range of motion in the affected area such as neck, shoulders and lower back.
What to Expect
For a Full Body Holistic Massage, the lower underwear remains on & towels are provided for draping. Only the part of your body being massaged will be undraped, ensuring that your modesty is respected at all times.
Effects & Benefits of Massage
- Relieves Muscle fatigue, tired & sore muscles, aches & pains. Increasing energy levels.
- Relieves stiff joints. Arthritis & Rheumatism.
- Releases Toxins accumulated in the Body.
- Encourages better blood circulation thus delivering nutrients to the body more efficiently.
- Reduces swelling by encouraging better lymph drainage, reducing fluid retention & cellulite.
- Encourages better waste removal of the digestive system.
- Encourages deeper and more relaxed breathing.
- Improves sleeping patterns. Combats Insomnia & fatigue.
- Improves the Immune system & overall condition of the Body.
- Promotes deep relaxation. Reducing Anxiety & Depression.
- Stress relief. Benefiting the mind, emotions & body.
- Can sedate or stimulate the nervous system (depending on the type of pressure & massage techniques)
- Improves the tone of the skin, its colour & its regeneration
- Increases positive feelings & feelings of well-being.
- Promotes self-esteem & ‘Connection’ to your Body.
[blockquote class=”type1″ cite=”Teresa”]Just after getting massage. When I went in, my back was in a very bad way. Came out a new person. She is the best, Johann is so good, can’t wait to go back to her!
[big-ico-button class=”heart” text=”Gift to a Friend” href=”http://therapeutic-healing.ie/?product=gift-vouchers” color=”red” /]
1 Hour Treatment €50
1/2 Hour Treatment €25
Latest posts by Johann Callaghan (see all)
- Top 3 Tips to Beat Sleep Deprivation - August 7, 2017
- What Causes My Stuffy Nose? - April 24, 2017
- Essential Oils for Hayfever and Allergies - March 13, 2017
- Mary Anderson Interviews Johann Callaghan about the Benefits of Essential Oils - January 16, 2017
- Johann Callaghan on the Dublin Business Show - December 13, 2016