Homemade Body Wash
This homemade body wash is a simple, non toxic easy to make recipe you can make yourself with natural ingredients and essential oils.
Why should you make your own personal care products? Well, you can avoid harmful chemicals by using natural ingredients, reuse containers and it saves you money!
Organic castor oil is known for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It helps to soften and hydrate the skin leaving it smooth and supple.
Organic castile soap contains only vegetable-based ingredients such as coconut oil, olive oil, hemp oil and jojoba oil.
- 3/4 cup Organic Castile Liquid Soap
- 1/4 cup Organic Castor Oil
- 15 drops Lime Essential Oil
- 15 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
If you like citrusy fragrance, use a blend of lime and grapefruit. You can use orange or lemon instead aswell.
Add organic castor oil to the castile soap and essential oils. Stir slowly with a spoon. Pour the mixture into a container/bottle of your choice using a funnel if required. You can use this homemade body wash for a complete body and skin care treatment while in the shower or bathing.
- Carefully mix all ingredients by hand with a spoon in a glass liquid measuring cup. Do not use a blender, whisk or had mixer as this will create bubbles and make it impossible to get into a container.
- Pour into a bottle and use in the shower as a body wash.
Note: This recipe will last for several months at room temperature.
If you liked this recipe and would like to find out more, visit Johann’s online courses.
What is your favourite aroma blend to use in the shower? Comment below.
Latest posts by Johann Callaghan (see all)
- Top 3 Tips to Beat Sleep Deprivation - August 7, 2017
- What Causes My Stuffy Nose? - April 24, 2017
- Essential Oils for Hayfever and Allergies - March 13, 2017
- Mary Anderson Interviews Johann Callaghan about the Benefits of Essential Oils - January 16, 2017
- Johann Callaghan on the Dublin Business Show - December 13, 2016