Back To School: How To Make a Natural Hand Cleaner [Recipe]
It’s that time of year again and the kids are heading back to school. It’s a perfect time to make an effective hand cleaner with essential oils to help ward off those pesky germs.
This hand cleaner is quite different to the alcohol based cleansers which can contribute to breaking down the skin surface layer and drying out the skin. It is also free of triclosan, a known anti-bacterial chemical ingredient found in hand soaps and body washes which is linked to hormone disruption. This hand cleanser is much gentler and is made with skin nourishing ingredients aloe vera gel and essential oils of Tea Tree and Lavender, full of anti-bacterial properties. Aloe Vera gel is probably best known for treating sunburns and for healing minor wounds. It contains anti-bacterial properties and vitamins and minerals so it is a great one to have for cuts and scrapes. Just what every kid needs!
- 50ml Aloe Vera Gel (Organic Aloe Vera Gel)
- 5 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 4 drops Lavender Essential Oil or Orange Essential Oil
- Mix all ingredients and store in a squeezable tube or pump bottle. (iNeibo Silicone Travel Bottles)
- Use as needed to naturally remove germs from hands.
Use a small funnel to transfer into your bottle. If you wanted to make a spray version of this hand sanitiser, all you have to do is use half distilled water and half aloe vera gel and mix together with the essential oils.
The blend is safe to use on children five years and older. This is a fun and very simple recipe that you can even make with your children. You can use this for cuts and scraps and even as an after sun gel or spray.
Have you ever made a hand cleaner? How did it turn out? Please comment below.
If you like this article, and would like to learn more please visit my online courses page.
Latest posts by Johann Callaghan (see all)
- Top 3 Tips to Beat Sleep Deprivation - August 7, 2017
- What Causes My Stuffy Nose? - April 24, 2017
- Essential Oils for Hayfever and Allergies - March 13, 2017
- Mary Anderson Interviews Johann Callaghan about the Benefits of Essential Oils - January 16, 2017
- Johann Callaghan on the Dublin Business Show - December 13, 2016