A natural skincare regimen is really a very simple process involving cleansing, exfoliating, hydrating and moisturising.
Your skin care routine needs to be carefree and simple using only natural organic products. Why?
Some cleansing products contain harsh chemicals which remove excess oil leaving your skin feeling tight, dry or sore after cleansing. These toxic chemical ingredients increases free radical activity in the body and skin. Many cleansers have alcohol which further dries out skin. Alcohol helps ingredients like retinol and vitamin C penetrate into the skin more effectively, but it does that by breaking down the skin’s barrier, destroying the very substances that keep your skin healthy.
Using the LEAH Facial Cleanser, removes makeup and deeply cleanses whilst retaining skin’s moisture level. Apply the cleanser and gently massage it into your skin in upwards, circular motions. For best results, leave it for a minute or so to allow it to dissolve dirt and makeup, and to let it get deep into your pores. Remove with damp cotton pads or a soft face cloth until all the cleanser is removed.
Facial exfoliators (or face scrubs) are skin treatments that scrub away the surface layer of skin. Exfoliator is essential because it removes dead skin cells which can leave your complexion appearing dull, and can clog up pores. Exfoliation should only be done once a week and care should be taken on delicate skin. Apply a small amount of LEAH Facial Scrub with Bamboo to face and neck and massage in a gentle circular motion. Rinse off with warm water or soft damp facecloth.
Following is a toner suitable for your skin type, such as Rose Toner or Witch Hazel (for damaged and mature skin), to close the pores creating a clearer skin tone. Simply spritz on the face and blot off with tissue paper. After cleansing and toning, your skin will feel smoother and look radiant.
LEAH Hydrating Gel Mask is applied next to help draw out any remaining impurities whilst hydrating your skin. Face masks are skin treatments that nourish and treat the skin. Spread a thin coat of the mask evenly over the skin. Avoid the eye area. Leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water or remove with a soft damp facecloth.
After removing the mask, apply a final application of LEAH Calendula Face Cream. Apply it while your skin is still damp help seal in moisture. If you applied too much, simply use a tissue to gently blot away.
It is important to moisturise around the delicate eye area. LEAH Nourishing Eye Cream contains a high amount of active ingredients targeting anti-ageing. Apply a small amount around the out edge of the eye socket.
- Don’t pick at your pimples, or you may have permanent scars. Keep hairspray and gel away from your face as these can block your pores.
- Eat plenty of nutritional fresh fruit and vegetables to help aid detoxification and supply the body with vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids.
- Rest. The body can only repair and rebuild when it is a restful state.
- Smoking, drinking, excessive exposure to the sun and drug taking contribute to premature ageing.
- Get plenty of fresh air. Your cells need a good oxygen supply to work effectively.
- Drink plenty of water, if you’re well hydrated, your skin will be too. Water primarily stimulates the circulation of blood, fluids, and the necessary elements inside our body. Additionally, it also controls and regulates the skin’s natural balance.
Latest posts by Johann Callaghan (see all)
- Top 3 Tips to Beat Sleep Deprivation - August 7, 2017
- What Causes My Stuffy Nose? - April 24, 2017
- Essential Oils for Hayfever and Allergies - March 13, 2017
- Mary Anderson Interviews Johann Callaghan about the Benefits of Essential Oils - January 16, 2017
- Johann Callaghan on the Dublin Business Show - December 13, 2016