Hopi Ear Candling
Share this Page:
Hopi Ear Candling (also known as Thermal Auricular Therapy) is a pleasant and non-invasive treatment of the ears, used to treat a variety of conditions. The ear candles induce a revitalising heat upon the head and ears, which soothes, relieves and relaxes. It is a deeply relaxing and calming treatment in cases of anxiety and stress.
It is an ancient and natural therapy handed down by many civilisations. However, the practice reached the modern world via the Native American Indian tribe known as Hopis or Peace People. The candles work on a chimney principle, drawing any impurities to the surface where they can be gently removed. They balance the pressure in the head and ears, making them suitable for most conditions. Secretion flow is gently stimulated and the vapour collects and removes impurities or deposits. The lymph system and metabolism are improved. Psychological and spiritual benefits have also been associated with the treatment
Each candle is made of organically grown cotton which has been dipped in honey, beeswax and therapeutic essential oils including camomile, sage and St John’s Wort.
There are some contraindications where Hopi Ear Candling should not be considered – among those are:
- Infection or inflammation of the ear
- Perforation of the ear drum
- Grommets (Tympanostomy), drains or ventilation tubes fitted
- Surgery on the ear within the last 3 months
What to Expect
Following an initial consultation, the client will be asked to lie on their side on a comfortable plint. The practitioner then gently and carefully inserts a candle into the ear opening. The candle will be lit and the essential oils from it infuse into the ear. A low-level vacuum generated will draw ear wax and other loose matter out of the ear cavity and into the end of hollow candle.
You will experience a pleasant crackling sound as the candle burns and a warm comfortable feeling. When the ear candling procedure is complete a waxy substance is normally left inside the base of the candle. Nothing is removed from the ear during the treatment but some may find a slight discharge from the ear afterwards as compacted ear wax may become lose and drain away. The practitioner will following with a lymphatic drainage around the lymph nodes of the neck and face and finish by grounding the client with a foot massage.
This therapy is not suitable for people that have had recent ear surgery, or for those with ear grommets or perforated ear drums. Also, if the client has any inflammation to the ear or infections.
Hopi Ear Candling can help to:
- Remove excessive or compacted wax in the ears
- Ease irritation in ears and sinuses
- Open up nasal breathing
- Help pressure regulation and pain in cases of: sinusitis, rhinitis, glue ear, colds, flu, headaches, migraine
- Stimulate energy points and reflex zones
- Intensify Immune System activity and Lymphatic circulation
- Energetic re-vitalization in cases of hearing impairment
- Promote Relaxation and have calming effect in cases of stress
- Ease noises in the ears, ringing, tinnitus
Effects & Benefits of Hopi Ear Candling
- Hay Fever
- Regulation of Pressure Imbalances in Ears & Head
- Lymphostasis in the Throat & Neck Region
- Ear ache
- Sore throat
- Compacted wax
[big-ico-button class=”heart” text=”Gift to a Friend” href=”http://therapeutic-healing.ie/?product=gift-vouchers” color=”red” /]
1 Hour Treatment €50
1/2 Hour Treatment €25
Latest posts by Johann Callaghan (see all)
- Top 3 Tips to Beat Sleep Deprivation - August 7, 2017
- What Causes My Stuffy Nose? - April 24, 2017
- Essential Oils for Hayfever and Allergies - March 13, 2017
- Mary Anderson Interviews Johann Callaghan about the Benefits of Essential Oils - January 16, 2017
- Johann Callaghan on the Dublin Business Show - December 13, 2016